“How to Spec” eBook + Tech Pack
- Fully UPDATED “How to Spec a Garment” PDF eBook
- 45 pages, 128 illustrations
- Spec Diagrams and Garment Measurement
Descriptions for Woven Tops, Jackets, Dresses, Knits/Sweaters, Pants, Skirts, Bodysuits, & Bras
Click here to preview the included Tech Packs for Womens, Mens, Plus Sizes and Childrens specs!!
Learn / Refresh Your Skills:
- Learn apparel industry terminology for common points of measure.
- Learn how to measure clothing including shirts, dresses, jackets, pants, sweaters, skirts, bodysuits, and bras
- Handy reference guide with fully illustrated images for each point of measure makes learning easy
Become an Asset to Employers:
- Adapt easily to fashion company standards when on the job
- Attend and conduct garment fittings
Communicate Garment Measurements:
- Use garment measurements to fill out fashion specification sheets and apparel technical packages to convey garment specs & fit requirements to production teams, patternmakers, and factories
“Do you know how to measure garments? is a question that usually comes up during apparel design job interviews, especially for entry-level or assistant fashion design positions. Whether you’re trying to land your first job in the fashion industry, or you’ve already been an apparel designer for years, learning how to measure clothing is one of most important skills a fashion designer can have. Apparel designers need to include at least basic garment measurements with their flat sketches, and Senior Designers must review and approve the garment specs as well as train other designers how to measure clothing.
Even though “specing” garments is a fundamental task in the apparel industry, many fashion schools don’t focus on this skill nearly enough. If an employer doesn’t have to train you how to measure clothes on the job, you’re more likely to get the position (and get paid more too). Our “How to Spec a Garment” eBook, will prepare you with the fundamentals you need to spec any type of garment. You’ll become familiar with common points of measurement (POM) for apparel, giving you the skills and confidence you need to stay ahead in the competitive fashion industry.
Since there is no universal standard when it comes to measuring garments, each company has their own system for specing garments. This tutorial will leave you with the ability to easily adapt to various company standard measurements and points of measurement. Even after you learn how to measure clothing, this eBook serves as a handy reference in fashion school, or throughout your apparel design career.
- Contents: Microsoft Excel and PDF files
- Size: 90 MB
- Download Time: 10-15 minutes
- Format: Compressed ZIP file
- Uncompress PC: Automatic, double click or download the free Zip Reader if needed
- Uncompress Mac: Automatic, double click or download the free StuffIt Expander if needed
- Read the ebook.
- If you already know how to spec a garment, you can buy the tech packs separately.
- Microsoft Excel
- Basic Microsoft Excel skills
- Adobe Reader for the PDFs
TECHNICAL AND BILLING SUPPORT
- If you need help or have any questions, please contact us through the form. We respond within 24 hours, usually much faster.
- After purchase, you will receive two emails: your purchase receipt from PayPal and your download link from us.
- If you don’t see our download email within minutes, please check your spam (junk mail) folder. If you still can’t find it, let us know.
- Your purchase receipt will include an email and a phone number where we may be reached, depending on our availability in the Eastern US time zone.
Hassle-Free Product Replacement – See our Product Guarantees!
with Excel Tech Packs